April 21, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Happy Monday all!

I've been thinking of a challenge to propose to you all weekend and today one finally popped in my head. :) It's been raining here all day yesterday and today. Heavy downpours mixed in with light drizzle and even brief bursts of sunshine. Typical spring weather I suppose and I was telling my kids about the old saying... April showers bring May flowers. This little phrase has been stuck in my head ever since and then I realized that it would make a great COLOR challenge!


So, the challenge is this...
Combine the colors of April showers with those of May flowers. The grays, blacks, charcoals of the showers with the bright bursts of spring colors like purples, pinks, yellows, greens. It's a wide open challenge....just have fun playing with the extremes of colors. It can be any topic, any design and doesn't have to have any flowers at all...just be inspired by the colors of the flowers.


You will have until next Sunday to upload your layouts to the Studio Calico gallery. I'll start a thread during the week where you can link us up to your creation and be in the running for a RAK. Have fun!

4 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

I am very inspired by this challenge, Nic! I just might play along!

Anonymous said...

This challenge will be challenging to me! I am so excited. I rarely use dark colors and pair them with bright because they make me think! LOL!

Scarlet said...

Oh... very interesting!

Joy Madison said...

i LOVE this challenge.....I might have to try it too.