August 14, 2008

5 that caught my eye.

if you weren't already aware, one of the newest upgrades to the site has been the addition of a 'Favorite Layouts' option to everyone's profile. Whenever you are looking through the gallery and see one you like, all you have to do is click on the layout and near the top there is a link that reads 'Add to Favorites'...and as fast as our gallery moves here at SC, it's an awesome feature!! just thought i'd post about the 5 most recent additions to my favorites list from our members...

This card by Ann-Marie just makes me happy. I love how she backed some parts of the KI lace paper with scraps from the Apple Orchard kit...it's just a simple touch that really makes this card stand out. ErinB's layout often catch my eye, and I just love the simplicity of this one...the lace paper trim adds just a touch of femininity to this layout and the cluster of journaling die-cuts at the bottom doesn't detract from her very cool pics of Big Ben.
ahhhh...this lovely one from SimplyTam speaks to me, lol. let's see...October Afternoon, check. sweet pic, check. one of my fave Thickers, check. her journaling is great because it's honest...many of us would like to believe that moments like these happen often, but that isn't always the case when you have little ones running about. another reminder to scrap/journal about the not-so-perfect moments...they're just as important as the picture perfect ones.
now Nichoda really pulled at my heartstrings a bit with this one. first of all, I love that she's such an involved Auntie to her nieces/nephews...they really are very lucky to have her in their lives. Second, the relief you can 'hear' in her journaling is just so touching. add to that some distressed paper and stitching and i'm sold. i love when people think outside the box...and the cropping of this photo by ScrapEvangel in conjunction with her journaling to match is a great example of that. the picture is cool to start...but then the unusual cropping just made it jump out at me from the gallery.

so make sure to take advantage of the new faves feature...it will make a great strating point when you're having one of those mojo-less days!!

11 comments:

Laura Fiore said...

What an awesome feature to add...there are so many that would be in my faves already!

Going to start my list!

Ann-Marie said...

thanks for adding my card here!!
I love all that you mentioned!!
GREAT work girls!

Erin said...

I love the pages you've picked, I'd missed a few of these! Thanks for including one of mine! I love the new favorites feature!

All That Chit Chat said...

Hey, cool!! Thanks for the shout-out!

All That Chit Chat said...

The card and lo's are all gorgeous! Some serious talent here, ladies!

liz mataraza said...

great post nicole! love your picks...

Tam said...

wow, thanks for featuring my layout there amongst all that talent! there is so much great work in the SC gallery!

april said...

wow, that is an awesome LO by scrap evangel. what a cool idea. so original

Joy Madison said...

LOVE your choices nik!!

Anonymous said...

I love the card with the flowers on it!!!

Very me! lol

I also love the Big Ben one, I love the photos - knowing my luck I'd have ended up with a tourist walking through the shot if i'd taken it!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for your compliment. This made my night. :o)