November 3, 2008

Gallery Favorites

Janine and I are hosting the blog this week, which happens to be our birthday week. While we were exchanging emails, planning what we'd feature this week, we discovered that we not only share the same birthweek, but we have the exact same birthday! :) So this week, I was going to focus on gift giving containers made from scrap supplies. Then I decided at the last moment that I wanted to spotlight some of my favorite designs from the design team's November reveal. So the gift giving and birthday celebration will be on Wednesday. Anyone care to gander when our birthday is and how old we are? ETA: Anna, you called our ages :) You read my blog didn't you :) You're very close on the birthday, but we are not the 7th...

Here are my favorites from the gallery this month:

I think this captures the kit for me. Fun bright colors, just like a quilt.


I love what April did with the G on the photo. It looks so cool!


Such a sweet simple layout by Scarlet, I love how she rounded the corners.


The mix of colors on this page by Caroline are another great representation of the kit, it's just fun!


Davinie's stitching on the clouds is amazing. And this picture is so serene. I love how the whole page feels.


I just love this design by Kirsty, I think the symmetry is just delicious.


Kelly's little house is the cutest thing, I loved it in her sneaks and I love the whole thing.


Joy's pages about herself always delight me. Her added details on the clouds make this one of my favorite ever of hers.


I love how Janine took a dainty mini album and used it for a bunch of scary pictures. It works!


My favorite thing about this page is how Steph cropped her photo. It's edgy and raw. I like that sometimes. I appreciate her honesty here.


This page pulls at my heartstrings a little bit. I love the perspective from which the photo is taken.


Nik had a couple that I had a hard time choosing between, but the journaling and the pictures are what made this my blog choice. Her mom looks like a fun lady to have around.


Jenn's use of scraps on this one puts it over the top for me. Just a little bit here and and there, but the whole page pulls you in. Maybe it's the title on the picture. I don't know, but what ever she did, it works.


And finally, Nicole Samuels really defined pretty here. I think it's the red border against the grey, it's just stunning!


So there you have my look at the gallery. I'll have a couple of gift card holders for you on my next post.

(Sorry for totally changing my ideas Janine..., I'll get back on topic, I promise!)

9 comments:

Mandy said...

I am in aww you ladies are amazing! Everytime I look at this blog,your personal blogs,the gallery or the MB I come away fully inspired. Thank you to each and every one of you!

Mandy said...

I am in aww you ladies are amazing! Everytime I look at this blog,your personal blogs,the gallery or the MB I come away fully inspired. Thank you to each and every one of you!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of gift boxes!
I am having a birthday this week - 7th November. Could it be that the three of us share the same birthday? Happiest of days whenever it is to you and Janine.
My guess is that Emily you are going to be 37 and Janine will be 32.
Cheers
Anna D

april said...

hmmm...i'm guessing your birthdays are 11/5
am I right????? If so, it was a pure guess
BTW, I love the LO that you highlighted of mine. It was one of my least favorites of mine from a design standpoint, but one that is so meaningful to me.

april said...

hmmm...i'm guessing your birthdays are 11/5
am I right????? If so, it was a pure guess
BTW, I love the LO that you highlighted of mine. It was one of my least favorites of mine from a design standpoint, but one that is so meaningful to me.

StampinCathy said...

WoW all these projects are just awesome and so inspiring.

Kristii said...

Awesome work ladies!! I love the SC gallery!

Angela W said...

I love everyone of the layout's! They are amazing!

Angela W said...

I am going to guess 8th for your bdays! Close?? Happy birthday whenever it is or was!