December 29, 2008

scavenger hunt with prizes!

Nicole Harper and I are hosting the blog this last week of 2008 and first week of 2009. We thought it would be fun to send you on a scavenger hunt all over the fantastically designed studio calico website to see what you could find. Every day we'll have a new area for you to search. Some of the searches will be easy, some will take a little more work, but you'll get to know the site, the members, and the design team a little better by the end of our week.

Round 1: Member Profiles

Do you know how to get to member profiles? If you click on the user's name in any comment thread or gallery post they've made, you'll get to the member's profile page. Here, you'll find a slew of information, like when they became a Studio Calico member, where they live, a short bio, their favorite layouts, and the layouts they've created themselves. I've scanned a number of profiles and come up with a handful of questions to help you explore the profiles, and I've only picked members who comment regularly so they should be easy to find. I'll give you a clue and your job is to find who I'm spotlighting. Good luck!

1. This member recently graduated from Pharmacy School and is a full-fledged Pharmacist now!

2. This member loves tea(both hot and cold), roses, and historical movies.

3. This member's blog is titled "It's a Red Red World"

4. and 5. List two members who added this layout to their favorites gallery (this could have multiple answers)


6. She's been a member since 08/07/2008, has three children and has been married for 11 years.

7. This member loves watching Food Network & Bravo.

8. Her location is as follows: in a small house

When you've found the answers, make sure you are logged in as a Studio Calico user, go to my profile and send me an email with as many of the correct answers as you can find. everyone who gets the right answers will be entered into a drawing for a $5 Studio Calico gift card. You'll have until noon EST the next day to get your emails sent. We'll do the random drawing at the end of each day FOLLOWING the day questions are given, so the winner of today's drawing (Monday) will be posted on Wednesday morning. Does that make sense?

Now go hunt!

13 comments:

Scarlet said...

Sounds fun and challenging! Can I play? ;)

april said...

wow! these are challenging! I only know a couple off the top of my head. The rest, I'll have to search

Karen said...

off to hunt down the answers! i love a good scavenger hunt!

sylvie said...

OK. I'm finished hunting... just e-mailed you my results...

Kristii said...

I will have to take some time today and play!!

Anonymous said...

can't see your email on your profile. help?

Sharie said...

What fun! Off to get to know these ladies better.

Anonymous said...

hey anonymous--I had the same problem, you need to login before the contact user option will be on mle's profile...then you can email her. just thought i'd help! alisyn

vtpuggirl said...

Wow, tough stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ok - how fun is it that I knew one of the answers without even searching! Or is that a little scary - like a stalker ;)

Jenni said...

This was a fun one!!!

diana albright said...

LOL Ally... I knew TWO. The rest I had to search.

this was fun!

Ann-Marie said...

What was the answer to #6? I didnt finish :(