December 8, 2009

Inspiration: Children's Books

So, we're continuing our children's book theme today with some fun inspiration for you. Ideas galore can be found on covers and inside of books. Lisa and I put our heads together and gathered some of our personal favorites to inspire you...

My boys and I LOVE this book....the illustrations and colors are so cool. And there are stickers in this book....love the idea of adding those to a page.


Lisa found this book in her library with the neatest illustrations...check out the ticket detail on the birdie on this page. I know you all have some tickets in your stash somewhere!

The way this poem is written is so inspiring. Imagine the type being the focal point of your layout...

The colors here are so great...I see lots of boy inspiration here. :)
Here's another example from Lisa...check out the way the color on this page is laid over top the ledger pattern on the left page. And the entire 2page spread design would be easy to recreate on a layout.
A great example of using fun typography...and I love the brown/red/orange color combo!

Check out the awesome typewriter font here on the pigeon book, plus how fun would that BIG quote bubble be on a layout?!


More cool typography inspiration....type or use sticker letters on a curve for neat funky title!
I hope you enjoyed the inspiration...I can't wait to see your book inspired layouts! :)

1 comment:

{VICKI} said...

Heading to the library today! Thanks